ITIL® 2011 Overview - 1 Day
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for IT Service Management by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® now emphasizes the following areas:
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development and on-going management of Services Strategy, Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, Service Operation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
- Instructor led Classroom environment
- Virtual Web based
IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the latest ITIL® edition 2011, as well as understand the differences with previous ITIL® version:
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
- No prerequisite required for this program
This course introduces the latest ITIL® edition 2011 concepts and explains the major differences with earlier version of ITIL®.
An effective lecture designed at achieving a clear understanding the new ITIL® Best Practice and Service Management lifecycle model:
- Overview of the drivers for ITIL®
- Key differences between different ITIL® versions - What are the major changes?
- New concepts, definitions and terminology
- Key interfaces
- Introduction to the ITIL® Services Lifecycle approach and its key concepts
- Including control and governance
- Key roles
- Exposure to:
- The Service Lifecycle approach and components of each stage within the lifecycle
- The benefits of adopting ITIL® Best Practice
- The main components (the new books) within the 5 stages in the lifecycle:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- The future of ITIL® Qualification
- What will happen to current certifications and qualifications?
- When should we start adopting ITIL® concepts?
- Do I have to read all the books?
- What will happen to our earlier ITIL® version investments?
- Will tools still satisfy ITIL®?
- How does ITIL® map to other quality standard such as ISO/IEC 20000
- A printed copy of the instructor's presentation will be distributed to the participants.